Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'd like to hang up art that is not framed on my wall. Without tacks or nails. I need ideas!?

Opening up a monthly artist gallery in my home. Works are unframed, mostly works on paper, photographs, some paintings. But I don't know how to affix to the wall without damaging the wall or the artwork. Anyone out there know about wall/paper friendly double sided tape?I'd like to hang up art that is not framed on my wall. Without tacks or nails. I need ideas!?
Scotch makes clear mounting squares that are fantastic for hanging photos and any works done on paper. It even works on some light weight panels. They are removable and won't take off paint or rip your work.I'd like to hang up art that is not framed on my wall. Without tacks or nails. I need ideas!?
3M manufactures an adhesive with little nonadhesive tabs on it. When you're done you just pull the tab and it stretches the sticky part until it pops off. I have used them before and they are probably your best bet. Don't leave much/any residue and if there is any on the wall soap and water should do the trick. you should be able to find them at most hardware stores and probably at walmat, etc. too.
There is a type of paint that is magnetic. Most people have never heard of it, but it would make for an interesting gallery. You don't want to display your art against wallpaper. Paint some new ';wallpaper';. Most art will pop out more against a solid background.
3m makes a great double sided mounting tape
blue tack or double sided tape
its called this blue stuff i forgot wat its called
glue

No comments:

Post a Comment